English | Français
Need someone to join a specific Subject in a workspace, without viewing your other projects?
We call that a Guest.
People you invite to join a workspace's team as a member, are able to list and join any Subject in that workspace, can see its whole team, and count for a paid seat on your team subscription.
While this is perfect for people on your team or with whom you tightly collaborate, it may not be optimal for an outside freelancer, a client or a vendor who could for example list all your clients' Subjects.
That's why you can invite outside people such as freelancers, clients or vendors to join a specific Subject as a guest. A Guest does not count on your subscription and does not have to pay for that usage either. A Guest may however want to create its own organization and would then need to have a subscription.
How to invite someone as a Guest?
From a Subject's page, you can invite someone as a Guest to only view this specific Subject, including all its contents and members.
What does a Guest receive?
This person will receive an email invitation to join this Subject.
What can a Guest see?
A guest can only see the specific Subject you've invited her/him to join.
The name and logo of the workspace this Subjects is part of can be viewed by a Guest:
What can a Guest do?
A guest can globally do the same as other members of that Subject:
- list the members of that specific Subject
- post or comment on a message
- send direct messages
- create and assign tasks
- add followers on a task
- mark tasks as completed
- use integrations
- attach files, share a poll...
However, a guest:
- CANNOT view other Subjects in that workspace
- CANNOT view members of the workspace outside of this Subject
- CANNOT invite members or guests to this Subject
- CANNOT edit the Subject (its name, description, privacy nor delete the Subject)
How many Subjects can a user join as a Guest?
A user can join a single Subject per workspace as a guest.
If you'd like to add someone to more than one Subject on a same workspace, you should consider adding this person to the workspace as a member.
How many Guests can we have on a workspace?
A 5:1 guests per paid user seat ratio is applied with the Team plan.
Specific ratios can be defined with the custom Enterprise plan.
A typical setup is to have one or more workspaces to support your "internal" company organization.
You can also create a dedicated workspace for each of your clients collaboration with the projects you have in common.
Another way is to create a workspace such as "My company's Clients" with a Subject for each of your clients and invite them to join their Subject as a guest.
You can use Guests for:
- a contractor who just needs access to a particular event or project,
- an accountant in the "Accounting" Subject,
- a lawyer on the "Legal“ Subject or a specific secret company acquisition,
- or even to communicate with each of your customers or partners.