Syncing due dates to your calendar
You can set up a calendar subscription with an external calendar app for any tasks list, so that tasks that have a due date appear in your agenda.
Choose a tasks list you want to subscribe your calendar to, and click on Sync with Calendar:
Setting up a calendar sync
A pop-up window appears so you can select the type of calendar app you're using:
- Gmail or any web calendar
- Outlook, iCal or other installed calendar apps
Select and copy the webcal:// link, open Google Calendar, in the Other calendars menu click on Add by URL:
Paste the webcal link in the URL field (CTRL+V / Cmd+V) and click Add Calendar
N.B. While some calendar apps check for updates every 5 minutes, some others like Gmail can take hours for the initial sync.
In Outlook 2010, click the File menu.
Select Info then click the Account Settings button and select Account Settings...
Select the Internet Calendars tab and click New.
Type the calendar's address or URL, click Add.
You can paste the webcal link copied to your clipboard from Azendoo
In the Folder Name box, type the name of the calendar as you want it to appear in Outlook, then click OK.
Outlook Web Calendar
Select and copy the webcal:// link, open Outlook web calendar, click on Import at the top left of the interface:
Then, select Subscribe and paste the clipboard to the Calendar URL field (CTRL+V / Cmd+V).
Name the calendar 'My Tasks with a Due date' for example:
Apple Calendar - iCal
Calendar will launch and display the subscribe link.
Click on Subscribe
From the next panel, click on the Auto-refresh frequency:
Select Every 5 Minutes
Before you can add the calendar to your Android device you need to subscribe Google Calendar to an Azendoo tasks list
Then, you can add the subscribed tasks calendar to Android:
Step 1: On your Android device, you may have to clear the existing calendars and re-sync the data for a new calendar to show up.
- Settings / Applications / Manage Applications / Calendar -> Clear Data
- then Settings / Applications / Manage Applications / Calendar Storage -> Clear Data
Wait a few minutes and you should be able to see the new calendar. If it does the new calendar does not show up, also do the following:
- Settings / Accounts & sync -> select your account, uncheck the "Sync Calendar" option
- Wait a few minutes and re-check the Sync Calendar option to see
Keep in mind that if you have 2-step verification enabled on your phone, you may have to remove the account entirely and re-add it.
Subscribing is done in the iPhone's Settings and not in the iPhone Calendar application.
In Settings tap on Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
In the Accounts section tap on Add Account...
On the Add Account... display tap on Other.
In the Calendars section tap on Add Subscribed Calendar >
Type or paste in the URL/Address of the Azendoo task calendar you want to subscribe to
(Copy the Azendoo Calendar link from your computer, and send it to your phone by email for example)
Tap on Next in the top-right of the Subscription display.
You will see Verifying which, if successful, then will return to the Subscription display.
You may receive a warning "Cannot Connect Using SSL Do you want to try setting up the account without SSL?" If you do, confirm that the URL you have entered is correct.
If the Verifying process is successful, enter a name for the subscription (e.g. My Tasks with a Due date)
The process uses the URL you entered as the default name (which is not exactly useful).
You should check the other options on the Subscription display, e.g., Remove Alarms and then tap on the Save button at the top-right of the Subscriptions display to return to the Mail, Contacts, Calendars display.
Run the iPhone Calendar application and confirm the subscription is functioning :
- Tap on Calendars at the bottom-center of the main iPhone Calendar display.
- Scroll if necessary down to the Subscribed section of the Calendars display and confirm that the new subscription appears and has its view enabled (the checkmark to the left is visible). If not, confirm the subscription in Settings.
- Tap on Done at the top-right of the Calendars display to return to the main iPhone Calendar display and confirm that you see data on a day that is appropriate for the calendar to which you have subscribed.